Good day to you all
Welcome to my review of a Ginkgo Biloba supplement. Initially I was looking at a formulation that would primarily be capsules but I changed my mind at the last minute. This Ginkgo Biloba Supplement review is one that is in a powder form.
Before I continue, I would like to remind you that the benefits, side effects and drug interactions of Ginkgo Biloba are covered in more detail in my previous post titled, “Is Ginkgo Biloba good for tinnitus?” if you would to like to learn more.
What are some of the benefits of taking a supplement in a powder form?
Before I jump straight into the review, I would like to inform you, of some of the benefits of a powder supplement.
- Quick Acting – Unlike capsules that still has to undergo the process of getting broken down and releasing it contents, supplements in powder form are readily available in the bloodstream as soon as it is ingested. This makes it a quicker form of delivery.
- Easily Digested – Depending on the supplements in question, it can be mixed with water, juice or any other beverage of your choice, making it easily digestible.In some cases, supplements can also be added into food.
- Cost Effective – From my experience I have found that powder supplements are cheaper and give me more value for my buck!!
- Dosage Flexibility – You are in control here of the quantity of powder to mix with your desired liquid. In certain cases you may have desire to take more or less of the powder. This flexibility is not easy as compared to if the product were in a tablet or capsule form. (Trust when it comes to this particular Ginkgo Product, you will find this flexibility highly beneficial…..read below and see why)
So without any further delay, I will now talk about my featured ginkgo biloba supplement.
Gingko Biloba Supplement Review
Manufacturer: Bulk Supplements
Price of Product : $20.96
Where to Buy : Amazon.com
Overall Rating :4.6 out of 5 stars
Just a little information on this company. Bulk Supplements established its reputation with over 200 nutritional supplement ingredients, to over 3 00 000 consumers and manufacturers.
The facility whereby manufacturing and distribution takes place is FDA-registered with cGMP practice.
About this product
This product contains Ginkgo Biloba extract that is taken directly from the Ginkgo tree and after testing has been shown to yield 24% Ginkgo Flavone Glycosides(which is the active constituents)
This is Great!!! remember I talked about the importance of concentration when selecting a specific Ginkgo product. It is the true active ingredients that make a product effective.This fact alone already has got my attention!!
The recommended dosage is 175mg(1/16 tsp) two to three times a day with meals.
There are a lot of people who have found this dosage highly potent. Certain people have found that higher doses gave them a bit of anxiety or accelerated heart rate. Hence they cut intake to 50-90mg. Now do you see as mentioned above the importance of having dosage flexibility.
Remember this product is an extract and therefore depending on your response to it, less product should be used as opposed to other products that are NOT made from extract.
- Can be mixed with any healthy drink e.g. Smoothies or Green Ice tea. But the choice is yours at the end of the day.
- Free from sugar, soy, dairy , gluten or additives.
- Resealable Bag– Maintain product freshness and integrity
- Quick Acting – After mixed with beverage, product takes 30minutes to an hour to take an effect.
- Price- This product comes in 250gram size yielding about 1428 servings per container. If you decrease the dosage, this product will give you even more servings and last longer. This is value for the $20 you are paying.
- No scoop included- Given that the recommended doses requires 1/16 or 1/32 teaspoonful’s, I am surprised that this product does not come with an easy to measure scoop.
- Bitter Taste- This powder tastes very bitter and can be masked by mixing with beverages.
- Can be messy – Certainly avoidable and obvious with these type of formulations.
Overall this product offers benefit to your metabolism and mood enhancement. Certain people have found it useful for depression and stress as well.
The effects on the circulatory system of Ginkgo is what makes it a suitable product for us to try for our tinnitus. As I mentioned before if you are not taking any medication that pose a possible interaction with Ginkgo, then it is worthwhile to give this a go.
You have nothing to loose, the journey to finding out what helps with your tinnitus is always one filled with ups and downs. This provides us with yet another option.
⇒By clicking on these highlighted words , you will be directed to the Amazon store, to read further reviews of this product as well as purchasing of the actual product.⇐
Hope you enjoyed this review. Did you find it helpful ?
If you have tried this product, did it help you or not? Share your story here.We would love to hear.
You have been amazing for reading up to this point. I sincerely appreciate your time.
Take Care and See you Soon