In my previous articles, we have learned about the benefits that yoga, coloring activities and acupuncture offered to tinnitus. So,why is dancing good for you and your tinnitus? Interested? Let’s find out.
With either some funk or a classy style, its very easy to find yourself clapping your hands and your hips swaying from side to side with your feet following a rhythmic beat. There’s only one question left to ask, ‘Is Dancing FUN or NOT?
Of course it is. It’s one of life’s greatest pleasures(At least, that’s my opinion by the way).But seriously, I think everyone at some point in their lives experienced dancing and got their body’s moving to the grooves. If you have not, then it is a perfect time to start.
This article is going to give you a little bit of information about this ‘groovy’ exercise. We will chat about the wonderful benefits that dancing offers to us and our ‘sacred’ bodies. A little time will be spent on the types of different dancing styles around the world. Then comes the best part where I show you how to get started with dancing and experience a world of wonders for your health, body and mind.
Young or old, its just waiting for you
What is so fantastic about dancing is that it is for everyone, both young and old. There are no rules, anyone can indulge, plain and simple.
What’s even more better, is that you can start at any point.If you are the conservative type, you can just move your hips and upper body from side to side. This is perfectly fine. Or you can be an intermediary, and move your body casually and freely to the music. And if you really want a shot at the title, you can study dancing and go professional. It’s very flexible and the choice is entirely up to you.
Like everything in life, it just depends on how deep your passion and interest lies, when it comes to dancing. The more love or joy you get from doing something the more time you will likely spend on it.
Sometimes dancing may mean a little more
In my case it certainly does. Despite the fact of finding dancing really fun as well as a great workout too, I find dancing beneficial to my tinnitus.
When the music starts, I find myself letting go and being taken away with the rhythm and melodies. It feels like I have entered another world. A world of motion and play where all inhibitions are forgotten and overtaken by carefreeness and joy. My mind is too occupied to give the ringing and whistling in my ears any more attention. Sometimes I just wish that this good music was playing wherever I go. Boy oh boy, that would be Heaven for me!
Furthermore, dancing as a form of exercise is responsible for a lot of positive physiological effects in the body. Like any exercise, it increases cardiac flow, the oxygen demands are greater since our muscles are now working harder. So like all the other organs the ear receives more oxygen, which guess what? Yeap, you guessed it lessens the intensity of the tinnitus.
So DANCING has double benefits.
Why is dancing good for you?
Taking up this exciting exercise, will give your body a number of reasons to be thankful for. Outlined below, are some of the major benefits.
- Flexibility depending on the style you choose, your body will be balancing, stretching and doing quick steps as easy as ABC, that will give more flexibility in all the right places.
- Reduce Stress Levels: From personal experience, I can vouch for this with my life.You feel like all the worries and trouble of the day got left behind.((((Would sure be nice if it stayed there!!))
- Boosts Self-Confidence and Self Esteem: This goes without saying, once you dance you see yourself doing things you never thought was possible. This boosts your morale.When you’re done, you’re left with feeling really good and satisfied with yourself.( It will show on your face, I guarantee it)
- Improves cardiovascular and Lung function : Dancing works on these two areas and does not cause too much stress on the heart but rather helps to improve blood flow and maintain good lung capacity.
- Calorie Burn: A nice 20minute dance routine can burn those calories , help to raise our good cholesterol(HDL-high density lipoprotein)and lower the bad cholesterol(LDL-low density lipoprotein)
- Improve Social Skills: Whether you at a gym or at home, working out with a partner, boosts social interaction and gets you mingling and jingling away.
There are so many different dancing styles, which one do I choose?
This is true, from hip-hop to ballet, salsa, ballroom, tap-dancing and belly-dancing just to name a few. The choices are plentiful and the decision may be tough. My advice is, find what is comfortable for you. Find what suits your taste and what feels right from within and then just close your eyes and just dance away.
Furthermore dancing has become so popular that gyms now have them in routine slots. Dancing takes place across continents all over the world and in many cultures and is enjoyed in social settings, parties and competitions. We see it on TV, movies , plays and the list just goes on and on.
Ready to Get Started
So are you ready to party? Or should I say are you ready to Zumba? This is my recommendation to get your feet tapping and body shaking.
Why Do I recommend the Zumba Dance Fitness Workout?
Look I know it says ‘workout,’ but trust me it’s a whole lot of fun. Random dancing is a workout anyway so why is Zumba any different? Unlike random dancing, Zumba follows the same pattern as Ballroom or any other dancing school techniques.
The key that makes its work are:
- Easy start up: You are guided with basic moves first, then at your own pace and time, you move onto higher levels.
- Less Frustration: You following a beat and know what moves to do as the music flows.
- Fun Choreography: You actually get a hang of steps that make you look good on the dance floor.
This is a great home dance fitness DVD workout featuring salsa, merengue , calypso and other Latin rhythms.
The reasons I chose this program are :
- Unable to go to the Gym: I got to be at work by 9am,and I return home dog-tired at 8pm.It’s hard to visit the gym.
- Time: The 20minute express routine makes my life easier.
- Easy and Fun: The Easy Beat system makes learning the Salsa a breeze.
- Variety is the Spice : There is a couple of different exercise programs that prevents Zumba from being a bore.
You may want to check out my review of the Zumba Dance program. It’s got all the information that you ever need to know and thoroughly gives a breakdown of the product.
The way I see it, dancing is “Meditation” in motion. You’re giving your mind a break from everything and literally letting your hair down. Your stresses are forgotten and you’re in a world of your own. Mentally and physically you giving yourself the break that you truly deserve.
This uplifts you and besides the tinnitus, it does a world of benefits for lots of other mental conditions.
I thank you for your time in reading this article and look forward in hearing from you. Did you try the dancing, did you find it helpful or not for your tinnitus? Did it make any other difference in your life?
Is dancing good for you and your tinnitus? I wait for your responses.
Take Care and Kind Regards
[Please note clicking on the links sends you to a merchant site whereby I earn a commission should you decide to purchase the product.This no way incurs any further additional expenses on your behalf]